Monday, March 28, 2011

What do you eat then??

Being a full time vegetarian and nearly a vegan too....the question I get asked the most is...."Well then...what do you eat?" Honestly we eat very good...I still eat "ice cream"..."meat" sandwiches...all ethnic foods I loved before, just I eat NOTHING from an animal...no eggs or dairy either. it's hard for me to really enjoy a meal when I know something was killed and usually tortured in order for me to eat. Eating the way we do is actually very simple and quite fun! Thankfully we live in a wonderful city with 100's of Vegetarian/Vegan options..any ethnic food place we go to has Veggie options, supermarkets are stoked FULL of great options...We actually eat better now than ever...and nobody had to die in order for us to be health and enjoy this lifestyle. I always say...do your homework about what you eat....I assure you there are better ways to eat...and healthier too!!

1 comment:

  1. The one thing I love most about this city is that even when walking around download late at night, I can easily find a street vendor who serves vegetarian/vegan options on their menu. If you lived someplace like.... oh let's say....Michigan or Wisconsin, there are no options for you late night besides pizza, hot dogs from a cart, or subway.... and let's face it... do any of those have vegan options for their patrons besides a veggie sub from subway minus cheese and mayo (or most of their sauces for that matter)?

    ReplyDelete